Time to prove yourself, Anderson

Posted by Weng Sun | Wednesday, August 26, 2009 | | 0 comments »


Anderson expected to be featured in the match against Chelsea in the Community Shield but he didn't make it. He only made one appearance so far this season, being part of the team humiliated by Burnley. There are rumours he will leave the club after getting frustrated with lack of first team chances.

But he has made it clear that he wants to stay to fight for a place in first team squad. He told the Daily Mail:

"I believed that I would play in the Community Shield but that is forgotten now. I thought that, without Cristiano Ronaldo around, I could play more and that has been my challenge from pre-season onwards. But the coach decides the teams and to discuss this with him is foolish because he is the chief. I do not want to leave United. No. Sir Alex Ferguson has demanded a bigger effort from me and I accept that. Because to get into this United team is very complicated and difficult for any player."

It's good you know that, Anderson. When United signed you a couple of years back, I had no idea who the kid is. But soon I was impressed by his prolific skill on Youtube. It was something he made when he played for Gremio and Porto. My friend told me: "Hey, this guy plays better than Ronaldinho!" So please don't let us down, Anderson.





0 comments