Rooney: It's showtime

Posted by Weng Sun | Monday, June 29, 2009 | | 0 comments »


Two key players are going to leave. But we still have Rooney. I believe that Rooney is capable to step up and prove himself, as what he believes too. For the past couple of seasons, he was outshone by Ronaldo as he played out of position in a wide role to help accomodate Ronaldo's role.

This is what he told the paper:

"We've lost two key players and obviously I hope we can get a few players in. Between them Cristiano and Carlos scored a lot of goals for us last season and the season before, but I would like to think I'm capable of filling that gap. I've said before that, if I can play in my right position, I'm capable of doing that.

I want to play in the position where I feel I'm best. A lot of people think I'm best as a centre forward. To play in a Champions League final and to play week in, week out for Manchester United is a privilege and it's something I'm very lucky to be doing, but I don't think playing on the wing I can express myself as much as I like to."

Yes. Believe in yourself and you can make it, Mr. Rooney.

0 comments